Vacancy: Assistant Graphic Designer
Youth Net and Counselling (YONECO) is a local NGO that is committed to empowering youth, women and children, preventing the spread of HIV infection, mitigating the impact of AIDS, promoting democracy and human rights and conducting research youth, women and children development. YONECO vision is a self reliant HIV and AIDS free society that respects democratic values and principles. YONECO works with both local and international NGOs and donors, government departments and Community based organizations. YONECO has programmes and projects in Zomba, Mchinji, Ntchisi, Mulanje, Thyolo, Phalombe, Chiradzulu, Mangochi, Machinga, Balaka, Ntcheu, Nkhata Bay and Rumphi. YONECO also has national programmes like the first ever child helpline in Malawi for the protection and promotion of child rights. YONECO now invites applications from suitably qualified, dynamic and experienced person to the fill the position of Assistant Graphic Designer which exist at YONECO Head Office in Zomba.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and materials.
- Plans concept by studying information and materials.
- Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
- Obtains approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval.
- Prepares finished copy and art by operating typesetting, printing, and similar equipment; and purchasing from vendors.
- Prepares final layout by marking and pasting up finished copy and art.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; and evaluating new equipment.
- Completes projects by coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications; and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Graphic Designer Qualifications/Skills:
- Strong graphic design skills
- Layout skills
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Desktop publishing tools and graphic design software
- Acute vision
- Time-management skills
- Communication skills
- Handles rejection
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, industrial design, or interior design, or equivalent experience
Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications, detailed CVs, copies of relevant certificates, names and contact telephone numbers of at least three traceable referees not later than April 20, 2020. YONECO is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
The Executive Director
Youth Net and Counselling (YONECO),
Along Zomba – Lilongwe Road
Next to Calvary Church
P.O. Box 471,
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com