Job Title: Technical Specialist Sexual and Reproductive Health/Gender-Based Violence
Youth Net and Counselling (YONECO) is a local NGO that is committed to empowering youth, women and children, preventing the spread of HIV infection, mitigating the impact of AIDS, promoting democracy and human rights and conducting research on youth, women and children development. YONECO vision is a self-reliant, healthy and resilient society that respects democratic values and principles. YONECO works with both local and international NGOs and donors, government departments and Community Based Organizations. YONECO has programmes and projects in Zomba, Mchinji, Ntchisi, Mulanje, Thyolo, Phalombe, Chiradzulu, Mangochi, Machinga, Balaka, Ntcheu, Nkhata Bay, Lilongwe, Blantyre, Chikhwawa and Rumphi. YONECO also has national programmes like the first ever child helpline in Malawi for the protection and promotion of child rights. YONECO now invites applications from suitably qualified, dynamic persons to fill the position of Technical Specialist Sexual and Reproductive Health/Gender-Based Violence.
Reports to: Technical Lead AGYW and Prevention Services
Supervises: Programme Officer
Program/Project: USAID / Malawi Ana Patsogolo Activity
Location: Blantyre Malawi
The Technical Specialist Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH)/Gender-Based Violence(GBV) (TSSG) supports and manages the technical implementation of all SRH/GBV aspects of the USAID funded Ana Patsogolo project in 8 districts in the Southern Region in Malawi. The TSSG will provide technical leadership, oversight and coordination to improve uptake of SRH/GBV and HIV services by AGYW and male sexual partners of AGYW under the APA project. She/he will ensure the project supports activities focused on HIV/GBV/VAC reduction and uptake of HTS services, ART adherence and viral load suppression. Working with Technical Specialists and 5 partners in eight districts the TSSG will have the following responsibilities:
● Design and lead the implementation of strategies that create demand for and improve uptake of SRH/GBV and HIV services by AGYW and male sexual partners of AGYW in line with APA priorities
● Provide technical oversight to the recruitment, training and support supervision of Youth Peer Navigators and Male Champions
● Oversee and ensure fidelity in implementation of appropriate curricula for adolescents such as SKILLZ by implementing partners.
● Spearhead efforts to strengthen linkages between facilities offering post-violence care, community victim support units (CVSUs) and community volunteer structures.
● Train, mentor, and support partner organization staff in the implementation of all SRH/GBV activities for adolescents and male sexual partners of AGYW.
● Provide leadership oversight and technical support in the implementation of GBV and gender norms change for adolescents and caregivers of OVC and AGYW.
● Monitor the implementation of work plan activities, manage and track budgets for field activities related to creating demand for SRH/GBV and HIV services by adolescents and male sexual partners of AGYW
● Analyse and monitor trends, opportunities and challenges related to creating demand for and uptake of SRH/GBV and HIV services by adolescents and male sexual partners of AGYW
● Serve as liaison with the National Youth Council of Malawi (NYCOM) and Ministry of Youth Development and Sports (MYDS).
● Conduct site visits and spot checks to districts, HVCs, CSOs and activity locations to monitor implementation of SRH/GBV activities.
● Liaise with the M&E team in tracking and reporting related targets
● Compile quarterly and annual progress reports
● Advanced degree in health or first degree plus minimum of 5 years relevant working experience
● At least 5 years proven experience in the design, implementation and management of SRH/ GBV /HIV programs
● Experience in stakeholder engagement with government, donors, civil society at senior levels of authority
● Proven ability to represent and influence policy direction and decisions at national level
● Experience in working with different stakeholders leading coordination efforts
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
● Ability to work independently, take initiative and leadership
Interested candidates will should submit their application letters, copies of certificates together with updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) and three traceable referees via email to email@example.com. All applications should be addressed to;
Youth Net and Counselling (YONECO)
C/O Youth Leadership Development Centre
The closing date for receiving applications is 18 August, 2020. Due to the volume of data received only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
YONECO is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women are encouraged to apply.