YONECO is inviting suitably qualified and experienced persons to apply for various positions for the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) funded project entitled Addressing Unmet Need in HIV Testing Services (HTS) for Men and Key Populations for HIV/AIDS Services Through Effective Delivery Models in Malawi under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR). The project supports interventions promoting and delivering HIV prevention, testing, and care and treatment services for men and members of key populations (KPs) in Mwanza, Chiradzulu, and Chikwawa districts.
YONECO intends to recruit a suitable and qualified staff for the vacant position below: –
Job Title : Peer Educator Supervisor
Reports to : Key Populations Officer
Location : Chikwawa
The Peer Educator Supervisor will provide HIV Testing Services, ongoing supportive supervision, and mentorship to Peer Educators to ensure sustainable, high quality and client-focused HIV prevention services that target key Populations such as Men who have Sex with Men, Female Sex Workers, and Trans genders. S/he will work under close guidance and support from the Key Population Officer and MoH to meet quality standards in key population-friendly HIV prevention services.
• Support and coach Peer Educators to provide high-quality prevention education and referral services including monitoring and evaluating the implementation of Key Population activities.
• Conduct observation sessions to assess Peer Educator’s competencies, ensure SOPs are followed, clients’ needs are met and provide timely feedback to enhance performance.
• Provision of high-quality HIV testing and counselling services including provision of safe and ethical Active Index testing services to partners and children of Female Sex Workers.
• Ensure and maintain quality assurance in the provision of Counselling and Testing services.
• Help HIV-infected KPs with referrals/linkage to treatment, including walking them to the referral point (ART clinic), explaining why the referral was made, and what services will be given at the referral point.
• Provide post-counselling follow-up to positive clients to ensure they are enrolled in care and ensure the provision of adherence counselling to the KPs on treatment.
• Follow up on all referrals made and ensure that data is correctly captured for MSM, FSWs, and Trans genders accessing HIV prevention services including ART, STI, Gender Based Violence (GBV), cervical cancer, Tuberculosis, retention and adherence to treatment.
• Identify Peer Educators performance gaps, and training needs and assist in planning, designing and delivering training by the identified gaps.
• Mentor and supervise Peer Educators during education sessions through demonstration, observation, and practice.
• Organize and conduct client exit interviews, and client satisfaction surveys through sampling a sizeable number of clients.
• Develop supervision and mentorship schedules and implement them accordingly.
• Conduct regular meetings with Peer Educators to solicit their views on improving performance, addressing implementation challenges and bottlenecks, and promoting a sense of individual responsibility and commitment to the provision of quality HIV prevention services.
• Ensure the availability of data collection and reporting tools and other supplies such as condoms and Lubricants at all times through tracking of stock levels for each Peer Educator.
• Data collection and entry into DHIS2.
• Document successes, lessons learned, and challenges in implementation and other reporting requirements.
• Perform other related duties as requested by your supervisor.
• Work closely with the district team to ensure effective utilization of the budget and coordinate with the district team leader to ensure prompt reporting on expenditure and resource gaps;
• Ensure compliance with financial, HR, and administrative procedures, and ensure efficient use of resources.
• Comply with Jhpiego policies, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities, and other relevant policies and procedures.
• All staff irrespective of their position are expected to comply with and follow Jhpiego operational procedures policies, and codes of conduct.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Competencies
• Diploma in Community Development, Public Health, or equivalent.
• MOH HTS Certification is an added advantage.
• Experience working in HIV and AIDS service provision programs.
• Effective community mobilization and health promotion skills.
• Experience in supervising, supporting, and coaching staff.
• Possession of a Valid Motorcycle Driving Licence is a must.
• Ability to work in a complex environment charged with multiple tasks, short deadlines, and intense pressure to perform.
• Motivated, passionate and hard-working.
If you are interested in any of the positions, email your application letter, CV (with three traceable referees), and copies of your certificates to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position you are applying for as the subject of your email.
You can also send by post to:
The Executive Director,
Youth Net and Counselling,
P.O Box 471
The deadline for applications is February 16, 2024. Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged and invited for interviews.
YONECO is an equal opportunity employer, has safeguarding measures in place, and special groups are encouraged to apply.