1. Safe Schools Officer, SRGBV Prevention Program
YONECO seeks candidates for the Safe Schools Officer position based in Blantyre, Malawi for a five-year, USAID-funded project Ana Patsogolo (APA) in Blantyre. The Safe Schools Officer will support and oversee the implementation of school-based SRGBV prevention clubs, and a series of trainings and capacity building initiatives for teachers and school support structures with the knowledge, skills, and tools to prevent and respond to SRGBV. S/he will be responsible for working with civil society organizations (CSOs) and schools structures, and government officials and provide them with technical guidance around SRGBV.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Support the design, planning, coordination, implementation and evaluation of activities to improve teachers’ and other school actors’ understanding and response to SRGBV.
• In coordination with the Safe Schools Technical Specialist, adapt and develop training manuals for the delivery of the SRGBV curriculum.
• Support training and supervision of local government and CSO program partners; provide strategic recommendations.
• Support the SRGBV prevention club activities.
• Analyse and monitor trends, opportunities and challenges in the school system.
• Establish and strengthen strategic partnerships with key school structures and relevant actors.
• Work closely with colleagues to identify and document promising practises and strategic opportunities for enhancing SRGBV prevention activities.
• Support and monitor implementation of the APA SRGBV component.
• Degree in Education, Social Work or similar field.
• 5+ years of professional experience working with youth.
• Experience working with government, CSO and communities’ stakeholders, including experience leading coordination and capacity building efforts.
• Familiarity with Malawi’s education policies and systems.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work independently, take initiatives and leadership.
• Good presentation skills and ability to represent the organization at different levels.
2. District Economic Strengthening Officer
YONECO in partnership with Bantwana/World Education Initiative is implementing a USAID funded Ana Patsogolo Project. YONECO seeks candidates for the District Economic Strengthening Officer position based in Blantyre and Zomba for the activity. Reporting to the District Coordinator, the Position Holder will be responsible for coordinating all project activities related to Result I (Orphaned and other vulnerable children, youth and their caregivers are better economically empowered to access core services) in the District to achieve the project Goal.
Specific responsibilities and duties
The Economic Strengthening Officer shall oversee all activities related to economic empowerment of OVCs, Orphan headed households and their caregivers.
S/he shall have a dotted line technical report and provide overall leadership on implementation of VSLA+, Youth focused, Temporary consumption support activities and private sector lead activities at District level.
Develop and share periodic work plans for Economic strengthening with Supervisors
Provide leadership in identifying, profiling, verification of HHs in destitutions and facilitating linkages with appropriate social protection programs.
Provide oversight to ensure that implementation of VSLA+, youth focused, market systems and group-based education are in line with economic Strengthening technical guide and strategies.
Provide routine monitoring and support supervision to the CBTs and DBTs to ensure quality programming
Coordinate/Prepare and submit key VSLA, Youth (Group Based Education and market-based progress performance reports such as monthly narrative reports and VSLA+ MIS.
Support the ES team in rolling out the private sector led initiatives in the agribusiness, micro franchising, NFE and SMEs sector
Monitor the private sector led activities to ensure that the agreed deliverables are achieved
Train staff and other relevant partners on VSLA+ methodology and ensure OVC Fund modal is well implemented among VSLA groups
Monitor, control, supervise and coordinate DBTs, and other community volunteers in the District to ensure the Group Based activities are on course at all times
– Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Micro-Finance, Social Sciences, Social Works and Social Administration, Public Administration, Education and Development Studies from a recognized University.
– Minimum of 2 years’ experience implementing economic strengthening initiatives targeting OVCs and PLHIV
– Experience working with the private sector
– -Demonstrated ability to follow stipulated guidance, meet deadlines and work with team
– Good knowledge and understanding of VSLA methodology and livelihoods empowerment approach
– Clean criminal record. Successful candidates will undergo Interpol criminal certification
– MUST be willing to settle within project area and spend much time in the field
– Language Requirement: Must be fluent in English language both written and oral communication. Knowledge of the local language is an added advantage.
– Skills and Knowledge: Coordination, interpersonal skills, communication, writing skills and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Interested candidates should submit their application letters, copies of certificates together with updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) and three traceable referees via email to email@example.com. All applications should be addressed to;
The Executive Director
Youth Net and Counselling (YONECO)
C/O Youth Leadership Development Centre
P.O Box 471
The closing date for receiving applications is 02.09.2020. Due to the volume of data received only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
YONECO is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women are encouraged to apply.