YONECO invites applications from suitably qualified, dynamic and experienced persons to the fill the position of Community Ambassadors which exist within the organization.
Contract: Fixed Term
Position: Community Ambassadors (3)
The position shall partly be responsible for following:
- Information dissemination to community members and young people on Youth Helpline,
- Providing information about HIV and the importance of HIV testing and other referral services available to young people.
- Register people onto the helpline using the Helpline Registration Form (YHF02).
- Data entry into the system on registered young people
- Conduct outreach activities and complete the Community Outreach form (YHF01) at the end of each outreach activity.
- Uploading data onto the server and complete a Data Upload Log (YHL03) entering all details of the days registrations and people reached through the outreach activities.
COMPETENCIES AND BEHAVIOR
Ideal candidates must not be over 28 years with a minimum Diploma in community rural and development studies or relevant field. A Bachelor’s degree will be an added advantage. Candidates should have the following demonstrated abilities:
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- An appreciation and understanding of HIV and SRHR issues.
- Computer literate
- Effective and efficient problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work with challenging issues in a sensitive and effective manner
Interested candidates should submit their application letters, copies of certificates together with updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) and three traceable referees to:
The Executive Director,
Youth Net and Counselling (YONECO),
P.O. Box 471, Zomba.
Closing date for applications is January 4, 2022.
YONECO is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified young people and women are encouraged to apply.