Contract: Fixed Term
Position: Education & Safe Schools Officer
Youth Net & Counselling seeks candidates for the Safe Schools Officer position based in Blantyre, Malawi for a five-year, USAID-funded project Ana Patsogolo (APA) activity in Blantyre. The Safe Schools Officer will support and oversee the implementation of school-based SRGBV prevention clubs, and a series of trainings and capacity building initiatives for teachers and school support structures with the knowledge, skills, and tools to prevent and respond to SRGBV. S/he will be responsible for working with civil society organizations (CSOs) and schools structures, and government officials and provide them with technical guidance around SRGBV.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the design, planning, coordination, implementation and evaluation of activities to improve teachers’ and other school actors’ understanding and response to SRGBV.
- In coordination with the Safe Schools Technical Specialist, adapt and develop training manuals for the delivery of the SRGBV curriculum.
- Support training and supervision of local government and CSO program partners; provide strategic recommendations.
- Support the SRGBV prevention club activities.
- Analyse and monitor trends, opportunities and challenges in the school system.
- Establish and strengthen strategic partnerships with key school structures and relevant actors.
- Work closely with colleagues to identify and document promising practises and strategic opportunities for enhancing SRGBV prevention activities.
- Support and monitor implementation of the APA SRGBV component.
- Degree in Education, Social Work or similar field.
- 5+ years of professional experience working with youth.
- Experience working with government, CSO and communities’ stakeholders, including experience leading coordination and capacity building efforts.
- Familiarity with Malawi’s education policies and systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, take initiatives and leadership.
- Good presentation skills and ability to represent the organization at different levels.
Interested candidates should submit their application letters, copies of certificates together with updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) and three traceable referees to:
The Executive Director,
Youth Net and Counselling (YONECO),
P.O. Box 471, Zomba.
Closing date for applications is March 25, 2022.
YONECO is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified young people and women are encouraged to apply.