Contract: Fixed Term
Position: District Coordinator
YONECO seeks candidates for the District Coordinator position based in Zomba, Malawi for a five-year, USAID-funded project Ana Patsogolo (APA) activity which commenced in 2020. The District Coordinator overall responsibility is to coordinate all APA activities at district level overseeing Zomba district. In collaboration with the Programs Manager, she/he is directly responsible for supervision of staff and ensuring that all activities are timely implemented.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordination of all OVC & AGYW activities at district level in collaboration with the Programs Manager
- Lead in the review and implementation of OVC & AGYW work plan and ensuring that all activities are timely implemented in collaboration with the Programs Manager and Technical Specialists.
- Represent YONECO in all district level stakeholders meeting and preparing presentations of program progress.
- Conduct supervision of district staff and keep track of reports
- Lead in integration of services in case management to achieve optimum impact
- Periodically organize district level meetings with key stakeholders such as Ministry of Gender, Health and clinical partners.
- Establish a systems approach in working & collaborating with schools, health facilities, families, youths and communities to respond to the needs of the most vulnerable youth in the community.
- Identify staff development needs and liaise with the supervisor to ensure appropriate follow-up and ensure on going coaching and on-the-job training of key technical resource staff
- Take lead in designing and coordinating OVC & AGYW support programs and strategies for implementation, reaching all the project beneficiaries through active involvement and participation throughout the project cycle to enhance project ownership and support from the beneficiaries and community stakeholders.
- Develop, improve and recommend monitoring tools that would ensure high standards of services are provided to beneficiaries at all times
- Develop and submit monthly and quarterly reports in collaboration with the M&E Team and Programs Manager.
- Participate and provide mentorship in operational research in collaboration with M&E team.
- Conduct weekly and monthly meetings with case management, Parenting, Economic Strengthening, Education and Safe Schools Officers and track progress on key issues.
- Take lead in tracking program expenditure in collaboration with Finance and Administration Department.
- Management conflicts that arise at implementation level and appraise Management Team.
- Timely mobilization of resources such as fuel and stationery to ensure smooth operation of programs.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Social work, Community Development or other related qualifications.
- Five years of mid-to-senior level management experience in developing, implementing and evaluating OVC, AGYW, GBV protection, livelihood, and/or public health programs
- Experience in USG-funded projects is an advantage.
- Comprehensive knowledge of HIV/AIDS prevention, counselling and testing and, behaviour change interventions.
- Comprehensive knowledge of case management, community-facility linkages, integration of multiple programmes and activities across the continuum of care.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge in financial management and budgeting
- Good knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets and databases is required. Numerical skills for data analysis are required.
- Detailed knowledge of community-based services, structures, national policies and programmes.
- Good knowledge of administrative requirements, budgeting and fiscal management in support of sub-awards and contracts.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Conflict resolution and management skills
- Demonstrated experience in leading teams
Interested candidates should submit their application letters, copies of certificates together with updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) and three traceable referees to:
The Executive Director,
Youth Net and Counselling (YONECO),
P.O. Box 471, Zomba.
Closing date for applications is March 31, 2022.
YONECO is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified young people and women are encouraged to apply.