Position Title: Marketing & Communications Officer
Reports to: Partnerships and Resource Mobilisation Coordinator
Youth Net and Counselling (YONECO)
YONECO is a non-governmental organisation that seeks a self – reliant, healthy, empowered, resilient, responsible, and inclusive society that respects democratic values and principles. YONECO is committed to empowering youth, women and children, promoting good health, human rights and democratic culture, adapting and mitigating the impact of climate change and conducting research for evidence-based programming and advocacy. YONECO works with both local and international NGOs and donors, government departments and Community based organizations. YONECO has programmes and projects in Zomba, Mchinji, Ntchisi, Mulanje, Thyolo, Phalombe, Chiradzulu, Mangochi, Machinga, Balaka, Ntcheu, Nkhata Bay and Rumphi. YONECO also has national programmes like the first ever child helpline in Malawi for the protection and promotion of child rights. YONECO invites applications from suitably qualified, dynamic and experienced persons to the fill the following position which exist at YONECO Head Office in Zomba
YONECO is seeking to recruit a proactive and flexible Marketing and Communications Officer to join a diverse, fast paced and busy YONECO team.
Marketing and Communications Officer purposes is to coordinate, execute, monitor, and measure the YONECO’s marketing and communications strategies and efforts under the direction of the Partnerships and Resource Mobilization Coordinator.
The individual should be an excellent writer and have experience in social media and graphic design. The ideal candidate will be a team player who is committed, ambitious, organized, creative and a self-starter with a hands-on approach.
- Promote services, products, and brands
- Develop marketing and pricing strategies, generate new business leads and expand service coverage
- Oversee branding, advertising, and promotional campaigns
- Lead market research efforts to uncover the viability of current and existing products/services
- Develop communication and marketing strategies to improve engagement with our key audiences; investors, corporates, policymakers, funders and CSOs;
- Manage events, including input to design, promotion, and key stakeholder management;
- Use digital marketing tools to optimize the visibility of messaging, track the impact of activities and new business development;
- Help develop marketing campaigns for various programs and events
- Coordinate and execute e-mail campaigns, meeting deadlines, following timelines, and ensuring uniformity of content/messaging.
- Help develop marketing collateral for YONECO’s programs and membership that aligns with YONECO’s brand standards (i.e. promotional flyers, programs, etc.)
- Review and ensure quality of marketing distribution lists, create lists as needed
- Design and edit graphics for print or web as needed
- Coordinate the publication of YONECO’s e-newsletter
- Help keep YONECO’s website up-to-date
- Write blog posts, social media posts, articles, and marketing and sales collateral
- Create e-mails, digital links, landing and splash pages to assist in direct marketing efforts.
- Writes and edits newsletters, emails, and other communications as assigned.
- Tracks and reports email analytics
- Maintain compliance with all anti-spam laws
- Take the lead in analyzing and reporting email metrics and take corrective action when needed
- Manage event mobile applications, working with vendors and staff to produce an accurate, up-to-date, and user-friendly app for all major events
- Manage vendor relations and budget for Email Solution Providers
- Coordinate the production of video content for YONECO website and YouTube channel
- Support the primary administrator of content management system (CMS)
- Work with staff and subject matter experts to develop relevant, meaningful content and maintain association content strategy and web standards
- Work with staff and web vendors to continuously improve the usability, design and content of the association’s website
- Monitor and report regularly on website analytics and take corrective action when needed
- Manage and renew association website domain names
- Responsible for preparing and monitoring website budget and managing vendor relations with web development companies
- Work with vendors to troubleshoot problems with the website and respond to user requests and comments
- Coordinate and execute social media campaigns and ensure alignment with overall marketing campaign and YONECO’s mission
- Manage social media editorial calendar and post valuable, shareable content regularly, ensuring YONECO’s is positioned as an industry leader online
- Monitors and reports on social media outreach, including weekly and monthly reporting.
- Manage vendor relations and budget for social media efforts and social media management tools
- Promote and monitor usage of YONECO Online Community, a private online networking platform
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, marketing, or journalism preferred
- At least 2 years’ experience in marketing or communications
- Highly driven and results-oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent customer service required
- Excellent writing skills with an emphasis on writing for the web and social media
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines on time and strong attention to detail
- Graphic design skills and experience with Adobe Creative Suite required
- Some knowledge of HTML, PHP and Java Script preferred
- Knowledge or experience working with Email Solution Providers (e.g., Magnet Mail)
- Familiarity with customer relationship management systems or associations management systems
APPLICATIONS should be addressed with your resume (maximum two pages), a cover letter (maximum two pages), and the names of at least two references:
By email to: email@example.com Subject: Marketing and Communications Officer
The deadline for applications is August 22, 2022
Please appreciate that due to the volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. YONECO is unable to respond to phone enquiries.