Human Resources and Administration Officer and Procurement Officer
Youth Net and Counselling (YONECO) is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) that is committed to empowering youth, women and children, promoting good health, human rights and democracy, adapting and mitigating the impact of climate change and conducting research for evidence-based programming and advocacy. YONECO vision is a self-reliant, healthy and resilient society that respects democratic values and principles. YONECO works with both local and international NGOs and donors, government departments and Community based organizations. YONECO has programmes and projects in Zomba, Ntchisi, Mulanje, Chikwawa, Mwanza, Chiradzulu, Mangochi, Machinga, Ntcheu, Nkhata Bay, Lilongwe, Mzimba, Dowa and Rumphi. YONECO also has national programmes like the first ever child helpline in Malawi for the protection and promotion of child rights. YONECO now invites applications from suitably qualified, dynamic and experienced persons to the fill the positions of (a) Human Resources and Administration Officer and (2) Procurement Officer
1. Human Resources and Administration Officer
Duty Station: Zomba, Head Office.
Duties and responsibilities
Strategic Human Resources Planning and Leadership (40%)
• Enhances the organization’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
• Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements, conducting investigations, maintaining records, and representing the organization at hearings
• Coordinates the human resources and administration component for the organisation
• Develops and implements performance management and improvement systems.
• Develops and regularly up-dates human resource plans
• Develops, documents, & communicates relevant human resource & administration policies
• Develops & implements employee safety, welfare, wellness and health procedures and practices;
• Assists with the interpretation, communication, and implementation of organizational policies
• Enforces management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
• Manages a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; and recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
• Retains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system and keeping past and current records
Governance and Organizational Development (10%)
• Prepares reports for the Executive Director to report to the Appointments and Disciplinary committee of the Board
• Facilitates implementation of the strategic plan in relation to human resource and development
Resource Mobilization and Fundraising (10%)
• Participate in fund-raising activities of YONECO at all levels
• Participate in developing concepts and proposals for various programmes and projects in YONECO
Networking and coordination (5%)
• Represents the section on HR & Admin issues relevant to the functions/performance of YONECO
Human Resource Management and Supervision (15%)
• Supervises employees under his/her control
• Facilitates staff recruitment and staffing logistics;
• Administers staff compensation and benefits;
• Conducts staff performance appraisal
Programme Management and Implementation (10%)
• Supports organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; and recommending changes.
• Conducts and/or facilitates staff orientation, development, and training;
• Processes contracts and work permits
• Prepares and submits quarterly and annual HR and Admin reports to the Executive Director through the Director of Finance and Administration
• Develops and submits annual programme work plans and budgets to the Executive Director through the Director of Finance and Administration
YONECO Visibility (5%)
• Represents the Executive Director on technical/directorate matters as may be delegated from time to time
• Processes travel documents for YONECO officers and visitors
Qualifications and Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management from an accredited university.
• Minimum of 5 years post degree working experience in a similar position.
• Working experience in NGO and private sector will be an added advantage.
• Ability to pay attention to details
• Ability to motivate, develop, direct employees
• Should be registered with the Institute of People Management
• Should be familiar with Malawi Labour Laws
• Stress tolerance
• Leadership skills
• Good communication skills
• Conflict management skills
2. Procurement Officer
Duty Station: Zomba, Head Office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Key Result Area 1: Procurement Planning (30%)
• Manage the procurement process and documenting decision-making processes in accordance with donor and YONECO’s regulations.
• Work with internal stakeholders (Technical team) to determine procurement needs in line with approved annual project work plan, quality and delivery requirements, and annual budget.
• Assist in the development of a comprehensive annual Procurement Plan based on the project workplan and subsequently monitor its implementation.
Key Result Area 2: Procurement Coordination (30%)
• Submit complete, accurate and well-organized procurement documentation for review and approval and following up on pending reviews and approvals.
• Work collaboratively with project teams and provide sound, compliant and effective procurement guidance and solutions.
• Ensure that all quotations are solicited fairly, transparently, competitively, and ethically in line with Palladium’s policies and procedures.
Key Result Area 3: Due Diligence in Procurement Processes (10%)
• Critically analyze the completeness of purchase requisitions further ensuring they comply with YONECO’s policies and procedures before proceeding with the solicitation process.
• Conduct due diligence review of selected vendors, including screening of all selected vendors
Key Result Area 4: Quality Control and Support (15%)
• Ensure that the donor and project procurement procedures are adhered to, and colleagues are familiar with the process.
• Assist in the selection of prequalified suppliers of goods and services, to promote good procurement practice with due regard to sustainability, ethical purchasing standards and costing.
Key Result Area 5: Governance and Record Keeping (15%)
• For procurements that require the review of the Internal Procurement Committee, prepare adequate documentation for the meetings and follow through on recommended actions.
• Maintain systems for tracking procurement documents, correspondence, and reporting.
• Inspect goods and equipment supplied to the project, and record observations in procurement tracking system.
• Any other procurement duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Attributes
• Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management or any related field from a recognized and accredited institution:
• At least five (5) years relevant experience in procurement. Those with knowledge and experience in public procurement will have added advantage;
• Membership of Malawi Institute of Procurement and Supply (MIPS);
• Ability to understand and interpret Public Procurement related laws and regulations;
• Honesty and integrity;
• Excellent numerical and analytical skills;
• Excellent communication skills & both written and oral;
• Team player, result oriented, creative and innovative.
• Should be registered with Malawi Institute of Procurement and Supply.
Interested candidates are requested to submit a cover letter of not more than one page and a detailed CV with 3 traceable referees and copies of academic certificates before 9 September 2023 to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please indicate the position you are applying for as the subject of your email.
Applications can also be sent by post to:
The Executive Director,
Youth Net and Counselling,
P.O Box 471,
Youth Net and counselling (YONECO) is an equal opportunity employer, has safeguarding measures in place and special groups are encouraged to apply.